[3830] NCCC Sprint(6-2) N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 2 07:11:42 EDT 2006

                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (6-2)

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX

  160:   3      2
   80:   8      4
   40:  24     13
   20:  21     11
-------------------
Total:  56     30  Total Score = 1,680

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were perfect here as we had rain in the day and things were moist and
quiet for the NS by the 9:30 PM start time.  The bands were quiet as a pin.
Activity was good but missed NR6O's usual good signal. My ten minute segment
QSO totals were 19-20-17 and I thought I had a chance to hit sixty but had one
bad stretch when I decided to leave 20/40 (SO2R) at 02:47 and go to 40/80
(SO2R). Of course 40/80 are more noisy than 20/40 and the initial activity on
80 was lighter than I expected. Also I bolloxed TR and messed up and lost one
QSO when NK7U was calling me after an "F7 CQ," and I never could get myself
straightened out and when I finally did I had lost an entire minute and Joe was
working another station while I untangled on "my" lost CQ frequency! Oh well.

After people started moving to 80 the activity there was good and both 80 and
160 were as quiet as pins.  I worked W0BH and N9CK on 160 and missed N4OGW
there when he went back to someone else.  There was good activity on and around
1812 the last three minutes. It was fun.

Stations worked the most often:

N2NL 7
N9CK 5
N4OGW 5
W9RE 4
W0BH 4

My bonehead play in addition to the NK7U software snafu was asking N2NL for his
name once when he got hit with some QRM. One would think I would know Dave's
name! Oh well. He repeated his name and on we went. The interesting little
things that go on in the heat of the NS.

I still am topped out at 56 QSOs and will be back next week to try again.  My
two CTDXCC buddies, K5OT and W5JAW, both were QRL and so I missed rare TX!

Thanks to the NCCC and all the good operators who make Thursday nights a lot of
fun for me here.

Jim N3BB