[3830] ARRL June VHF WZ1V Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 12 08:20:15 EDT 2006

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31

    6:  372   138
  1.2:   25    12
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  648   221  Total Score = 187,408

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

In my 20 years of contesting, have never seen a 6M opening as phenomenal
as this! Was only able to operate a bit over 3 hours Saturday,
and easily passed the 100 grid mark on 6 in that short time.
The opening here extended from the Carribean through the southern states,
and west - northwest to VE4, VE5, VE6, VE7, W6, and W7.
(and almost everywhere in between!)
Thought I was dreaming when a Rover in California answered my call!
It sure will be fun to read the write-ups on this opening.

Made a paltry effort to work 2M and up on Sunday.
Would have tried harder but was discouraged to find my 432 yagi
VSWR 3:1, the feed must have filled up with the 12" rain we
had the previous week. 1296 suffered the same fate.
Nonetheless, still had a blast!
-73, Ron WZ1V FN31mp