[3830] ARRL June VHF W1ECT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 12 13:02:07 EDT 2006

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W1ECT
Operator(s): W1ECT
Station: W1ECT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN33

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  236    89  Total Score = 21,004

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Hi there, I had a bit of fun with the VHF QSO party this past weekend - here's
the details...

June 2006 – Single op unassisted, low power, 8.0 hours

    Band       QSOs  Points   Grids
      50       236    236       89
  Totals       236    236       89  = 21,004 points

Saturday: The contest started with a great opening on 6 meters that lasted for
6 hours.  I logged 200+ QSOs and 87 grids.  Most of action centered on Florida
and the mid-west but I also worked stations in WA, ID, UT, ND, SD, NE, and IA,
quite a boost for my 6 meter WAS!

Sunday: Quite a let down from Saturday’s action. I only added 16 QSOs and two
grids.

This is my third try at VHF contesting since I got my FT-857 and each outing
has been more successful than the last, I hope the trend continues!