[3830] NCCC Sprint(6-16) N6RO(@NR6O) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 16 01:44:19 EDT 2006

                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (6-16)

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: NR6O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  13      3
   40:  18     10
   20:  29     15
-------------------
Total:  60     28  Total Score = 1,680

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As we approach the high sun peak of the year, the low bands get tough.  West
coast sunset is 40 min. after the end of NS.  Got beat out on 40m into the
east/midwest due to short skip, worse on 80m.  Forgot to go to 160m at all,
missed a few easy mults there.

Ten minute segments:
23 Q - Oh Boy, here comes a 65 night!
16 Q - bummer, beat out on 40m on 50% of calls
21 Q - cycled W6/7s on 80m, better than nothing!

After the ladder, we will experiment with rules, e.g., 45-60 minute
contests...

But for now, press on for the next four weeks.  ro