[3830] ARRL June VHF W3SO Limited Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 18 10:48:29 EDT 2006

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W3SO
Operator(s): WR3Z,K4VV,W3BTX,W3EKT,K3IXD,ND3A,AI3M,W3YOZ,W3SF
Station: W3SO

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN00 Altoona, Pa

    6:  735   225
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1451   373  Total Score = 662,075

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

This was our best score ever. We were on for the full 33 hours. 6M - Wow! We
worked coast to coast but only a few FL stations. There were several single and
double 6m hop opening on Sunday. No Carribean stations heard other than CO8DM,
whom we worked. We saw the spots for HI3TEJ but never heard him. In the first
three hours of the contest on 6m we averaged 80 QSOs per hour and 40 Grids per
hour.
The 2m activity was down and the signals were not clear, it wasn't AU, the
signals were clipped. We didn't have the normal June 2m DX.

These was a lot of QSB on 222 and 432. And late Sunday we didn't work as many
222 and 432 passes as usual nor as many stations as usual.

Thanks to the rovers for the many QSOs and Grids.

For the Wopsononock Moutaintop Operators,
Ed K3IXD