[3830] All Asian CW YI9DXX(WA4PXP) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 18 22:34:22 EDT 2006

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: YI9DXX
Operator(s): WA4PXP
Station: YI9DXX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bagdhad via remote

   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  162    73  Total Score = 32,120

Thank you to Keith W7DXX and to Diya YI1DZ for developing the YI9DXX remote
station in Bagdhad.  Its amazing what 75 watts to a low windom can do.

My goal was to work anything that could hear YI9DXX through the QRN and the QRO
stations.  I worked just about everything I heard except for JU1F and two HL
stations.  I did not try to run Europeans I just searched and pounced on
whatever seemed to be interesting on the bands.

Unusual contacts included ZL1AIH and K7QQ.  It was hard to say which path they
were on but they both had great signals.  K7QQ was busy running JA's when I
made it through.  Congrats to VE1ZJ for 20, 40 and the only NA on 80.

Condx were tough as YI is a very noisy place, not only natural QRN but a wide
variety of man made racket that at any moment could sound like an attack on the
radio waves.  Sorry for the strange keying/fist.  The keyer was set on 30 wpm
and due to the internet delay could/would come out at 13 wpm and then back up
to 30 alll within the span of 2 seconds.

As usual the usual suspects K3ZO and N4PN would come on frequency and be in the
log on the first call even though they were fighting the European pileups.
YI9DXX may be active in other contests in the future.  I think they only band
we are going to have a tough time with will be 160.  Thanks for the QSO's and
the fun.

Jim WA4PXP via YI9DXX remote