[3830] ARRL FD W4AN(@KU8E) 1D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 26 10:16:56 EDT 2006

  2.3:     0    0        0
  3.4:     0    0        0
  5.7:     0    0        0
  10G:     0    0        0
  24G:     0    0        0
----------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100 watts, (IC756 on 6M), zepp, 20M dipole, wire antennas for 80 and
6M.
This won't be submitted for score, since we didn't abide by the 10-minute QSY
rule and actually were QRV simultaneously on HF and 6M at times.  This was
primarily a practice session with radio gear and computers hooked up as we will
use them in Brazil during WRTC and IARU HF next month.  The two laptops worked
well, as did the full sized keyboard for station A.  Computer control worked
well with Station A.  Jeff, KU8E, did a great job getting everything hooked up
and working.

We did a lot of quick QSYs to other bands and modes trying to simulate quick
QSYs for multipliers during the WRTC competition.  We didn't have an amplifier
in the line and the Acom is not automatic switching, so it will be more
complicated in Brazil.  CTWIN worked flawlessly.

The Field Day itself was fun and we enjoyed giving everyone else a point even
though we weren't able to abide by the rules and still practice for WRTC.  We
were shut down for almost an hour by a thunderstorm Saturday evening.

Thanks to Jeff, KU8E, and his XYL Jan and their three children, Andrew, Randy,
and Becky for putting up with and feeding me for the weekend.

The W4AN call is the club call for South East Contest Club, co-founded by the
late Bill Fisher, W4AN.  QSL cards sent via K4BAI will be answered promptly.

73,

John, K4BAI.

(The score shown above is for information only.  No effort was made to delete
any credit for contact with other "D" home stations.  It is just what the
computer displayed from the listed QSOs in CTWIN.  No bonus points were added.)