[3830] CQ160 SSB N8II Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 2 08:57:59 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~8

Total:  QSOs = 585  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 11  Total Score = 87,880

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I wasn't back to baseline after FL trip and a busy work day Friday; plus
 K3BU was on again from W8LRL's about 10 miles away so motivation was at
 all time lows as the test started. It took 2.25 hours to reach 300 Q's
 which seemed to be a good stopping point. ND, SD, NV, VO1, VE1, VE4, VE6,
 WY, LA, and MS all called during that stretch, as well as YV, P4, and C6.
 The saturday sunrise period yielded no new mults. Sat PM I had done enough
 CQ'ing by 01Z to last me a while, so I took a break to watch the Olympics
 and decided that was more fun. I had intended to return, but didn't make
 it back til sunrise Sunday when KH7X and VE7CC called. By a few hours into
 Saturday evening this contest deteriorates into a band full of braying
 CQ'ers working a few stragglers who happen by. At least, we keep the
 utilities in business.
   During the day I worked the REF phone contest with 220 Q's, 149 of
which were on 15M; it was fun as was the CQ WW 160 with the starting run.