[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3DZ SOSB/20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 5 19:53:25 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3DZ
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3DZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Toronto

Total:  275    77  Total Score = 63,063

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Initial plan was to do full SO20M effort testing old Dentron Clipperton-L
amplifier borrowed from VE3SY. Rewired amplifier to 120 V (don't have 230 V in
the shack) and was ready to go, but caught terrible flu 2 days before the
contests and just couldn't make it. In those rare moments when I thought I felt
better I tried to make few contacts (thanks to voice keyer!)but was losing my
voice after 10-15 contacts.
Unfortunately for me the conditions were great all weekend, at least I still
could hear some Europeans near the end of the contest. I think it was easy to
work DXCC on 20 this weekend. Spent last 30 minutes calling ZF2NT by pushing
button on Voice keyer and finally worked him at 23:58 for my last QSO.
Anyway, few points for the club...
Hope to recover until next weekend so see you all in BERU, Russian DX and CQ WPX
SSB Contests.