[3830] ARRLDX SSB N0VD SOSB/20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 5 23:14:38 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N0VD
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: N0VD

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Colorado

   20:  543   102
Total:  543   102  Total Score = 166,158

Club: Pikes Peak DX Group

Comments:

Once again another last minute decision to enter this one.  I didn't start until
17:00Z on Saturday.  The band seemed to be open nicely to EU but heard very few
LP stations - mostly the EU beacons.

I managed a steady stream of JAs on Saturday evening which was nice, although
many of them were pretty light.  I had hoped for a bigger run but took what I
could get.  Trying to get any type of run going was nearly pointless.  It seemed
I could hold a better rate just S&P which I spent a lot of time doing.

On the couple of runs I was able to coax out of the woodwork some nice mults
gave me a call – 9J2BO, 9M6DXX, 3D2NB, JV800BV come to mind.  Never heard a
single VK or ZL which I thought was pretty unusual and at least one station will
get a NIL because they insisted we QSO'd before.  Too bad, you would have been
another mult for me, but I can assure you it wasn't me in your log.

Funny propagation on Sunday – EU, Carib, SA and a few JAs all on the band at the
same time!  I was disappointed that there was not a better opening to JA/PAC on
Sunday, but sort of expected that so I made the most of it Saturday.  I'm
envious of you E. Coast guys.  I could hear your working EU left and right but
just couldn't hear the other end – ah, such is life in the polar path!

Fun contest as always – see you in the next one.

73
Kelly – N0VD