[3830] ARRLDX CW KH6/N7ON SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 00:44:55 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6/N7ON
Operator(s): N7ON
Station: KH6/N7ON

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Lawai, Kauai,  HI
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  309    66  Total Score = 61,182

My Hawaii vacation coincided with the contest.  Most of my contest operation was
during the first two hours of the contest, with scattered QSO's added between
sightseeing and snorkeling trips.  All QSO's were made from Lawai, Kauai.

Prime 20m times to the mainland were 0000z - 0300z.  That's 1400 - 1700 in
Hawaii--sunshine and seawater overruled contesting.

Equipment notes:  the Elecraft K2/100 is a fantastic travel rig, and the Jackite
31' telescoping mast was an effective antenna support for my 20m inverted vee
and 40m vertical.

Travel hint:  if you're travelling with a small rig and power supply (I carried
an SEC 1223), place them in a plastic bin, just like a laptop.  The only special
attention the K2 received was from a ham TSA agent who spent time admiring the
rig.

Thanks to all for the QSO's, sorry I didn't work more but the sunshine and surf
were too tempting to miss.

73,

John, KH6/N7ON