[3830] ARRLDX SSB DP4K(DK3DM) SOSB/20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 12:43:23 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: DP4K
Operator(s): DK3DM
Station: DJ2C

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Warstein

   20: 2121    60
Total: 2121    60  Total Score = 381,780

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hi @ all !

Man, I must be crazy !! As a CW Lover I´m doing a SB 20m in ARRL-DX-SSB ! Boy,
was that a great mess especily on sunday with the hardcore QRM here in DL.
That was the worst QRM I´ve ever had. 3 or 4 times I was at the point just to
quit the contest on sunday at the beggining of the opening to NA because of
that. But as a Marathon runner I sayed to myself : Hey, you started the race, so
you have to reach the finishing line ! And so I stayed in the chair and did the
best of it. And the QRM situation got a little bit better later and so I got a
very nice run also on sunday to NA. Thanks to all of you for the QSOs !
At the end I´m pretty happy with my score considering that I used only a 3 ele
Yagi @ 24m hight and 750W of output. I think the nice take off from our contest
QTH to NA helps a lot on 20m. Was my pleasure to work all you NA guys again and
I hope all of you had fun.
Hope to meet you very soon again. Next Contest here will be RDXC as DJ2C M/S and
would be nice if you give us a call there.
congratulation to OH8X (OH8NC) for a impressive score on 20 !

73 de Heiko, DK3DM (aka DP4K)

RIG :

Kenwood TS 850 + Acom 2000A
ANT: JP2000 (3 active elements on 20) @ 24m

Our homepage: www.taubeneiche.de

Contest         : ARRL International DX Contest
Callsign        : DP4K
Mode            : PHONE
Category        : Single Operator (SO)
Overlay         : ---