[3830] ARRLDX SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 9 15:05:59 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

   20: 1779   117
   15:  429    91
   10:    7     3
-------------------
Total: 2949   373  Total Score = 3,299,931

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

My 1st QSO was with HZ1SK. I thought that was a good omen for the rest of the
contest, but it wasn't particularly. When 20m slowed down Saturday evening, I
just couldn't get anything going on the low bands. I missed the 10M openings,
such as they were, even though I kept checking 10M.

!5M was pretty good Saturday morning, but not nearly as good Sunday.

I would have done better on 40M, but the antenna was pointed whichever way the
wind was blowing. I did manage to turn it to Europe Sunday afternoon, got a
frequency below 7100 before the EU KWs arrived, and managed good rate in the 20
& 21Z hours.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT