[3830] NA Sprint RTTY W6RK LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 12 00:21:44 EST 2006

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: W6RK
Operator(s): W6RK
Station: W6RK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   80:    9   0.50h
   40:   62   2.25h
   20:   36   1.25h
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

I got my new digital interface this week and I wanted to try RTTY contesting
from home after a long break. The old interface that worked with IC-718 didn't
work with IC-7000 because it doesn't have audio output in the microphone like
older Icoms. So, I got the brand new RigExpert SD that has just arrived to the
market.

I think this was my first RTTY Sprint ever. I didn't really know what to expect
so I just went in trying to make as many QSOs as I could. It ended up being a
lot of fun. I missed the first 7 minutes because my function keys didn't work
properly with MMVAR interface and I had to revert back to the traditional MMTTY
interface.

Rig: Icom IC-7000
Power: 100W
Antennas: 20m Inverted-V, 40m Inverted-V and the 40m V horribly tuned for 80m.
Interface: RigExpert SD
Software: N1MM Logger 6.2.10 & MMTTY

Thank you for all the QSO. Maybe in the next contest I will be QRV from my new
shack in backyard (see http://www.w6rk.com/).

73!

Risto, W6RK