[3830] Commonwealth VE3QAA Restricted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 12 15:27:00 EST 2006

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3QAA
Operator(s): VE3QAA
Station: VE3QAA

Class: Restricted HP
QTH: Ottawa

Total:  458  Total Score = 4,765

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was essentially a two-band contest.  10m was dead, 15m next to
useless, and a thunderstorm hit about the time 80 was beginning to
open Saturday evening, making it almost useless for the rest of the
contest. Nearly all 80m contacts were made early Saturday morning.

I planned a 12-hour contest, but due to bad planning used up 9 hours
by suppertime Saturday.  It turned out that this was fortunate, since
40m was very noisy all Saturday evening, and not very productive.

All in all a satisfying contest, with a larger fraction of Bonus
contacts than in any previous contest. Looks like I got 81 band-call
areas.