[3830] CQ160 SSB N2CW Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 17 14:43:07 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N2CW
Operator(s): N2OO, K2RET, KC2COB, K2SZ, K2SG, W2KP, W2CG, N2HM, W2ARP, W2OB, KB2M, KE2OI, N1EXI, N2NF
Station: N2CW

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 959  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 37  Total Score = 261,155

Club: South Jersey DX Assn

Comments:

Antennas : Two 200 foot high combinable slopers (one NE and one W) with delta
loop reflector in between, hung on a 300 foot marsh based tower at the old HF
marine site of WSC. Inverted L. Six beverages: NE, E, N/S, SW, W and NW.
         Soapbox : Our third effort in the CQWW 160 SSB contest. Conditions and
activity seemed down this year. Murphy struck on Friday when our west sloper was
found dangling from the 300 foot tower in the 40 knot gale winds. Hard and
careful work put it back in order just before nightfall on Friday evening, just
in time for the start of the contest!