[3830] Rus DX OH0B M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 22 07:15:38 EST 2006

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OH0B
Operator(s): OH2UA, OH4JFN
Station: OH0B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Brando

  160:   282     4       40        45
   80:   380    65       51        58
   40:   474   148       65        59
   20:   483   322       82        57
   15:    24    40       49        16
   10:     0     0        0         0
Total:  1644   579      287       235  Total Score = 7,158,186

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

We had a plan to warm up a little bit for coming WRTC and get used to our setup.
Contest began quite nicely with nice 168 QSO's on first hour.

But after 4 hours of operating our second tower got stuck and all antennas on
that tower were pointing to west. We did find out that there was no way to fix
it during the contest so decided to leave it as it was and concentrate on
operating again.
And just a couple of hours later when QSY'ed to low bands our multiplier
stations band pass filter broke and so did the RX of the multiplier radio. But
when one has an opportunity to operate from such a QTH like Brando contest site,
you don't want to give up no matter of what. So we decided to keep on with SR2O
(Single radio, 2 operators).

So we kept on with quite limited M/S setup and just had fun with pileups and
having some new ideas for coming WRTC.

Many thanks for QSO's and to Russian organization for really nice contest.
And thanks to Brando contest team for an opportunity to use this beautiful
station and all the support they gave us during the operation!