[3830] WPX SSB VE3MGY SOSB160 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 07:24:52 EST 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: SOSB160 LP
QTH: ONTARIO

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Overall conditions were the best I have seen in this contest for 160M since I
started entering it in 1998. QRN was S5 on the Transmit antenna and S0 on any
and all of the RX antennas for the entire weekend. If you remember last year QRN
was 59 to 59+20 for the entire weekend on 160M due to an abundance of lightning
strikes in very active storm systems in the south central U.S. There were no
thunderstorms over North America all weekend so local QRN just did not exist. I
kept waiting for the Tropical and Trans Equatorial QRN to roll in after 0500z as
it usually does but it never came. I thought for sure my luck would run out on
Saturday evening but QRN levels were exactly the same as Friday and as a result
I now just need Asia for my 160M WAC Low Power on SSB. Something I thought was
impossible before Friday. If winter 2007 is still the predicted Solar Cycle low
for #23 then we should have at least one more year of excellent propagation on
the low bands.

73 Brian
VE3MGY