[3830] WPX SSB K1UQ SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 21:02:16 EST 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K1UQ
Operator(s): K1UQ
Station: K1UQ

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Georgetowm, MA

Got on to have laid back fun. Planned on just making 100 Qs on Saturday morning.
Cut lawn (sucked up winter debris actually) and kept thinking about
radio indoors. Went back for more fun. Kept doing chores, going back to rig, -
work, rig, work, rig, etc. I put in more hours than planned, but didn't mind as
I was committed to low-stress / high fun quotient operating.

Had an unstressed, fun 2.5 hr "run" for 250 Qs on 20m. Enjoyed all the
interesting prefixes - where'd they all come from?

Are you into "numbers"?  I am, in a way. I get a kick out of an unplanned
exchange of exactly the same serial number (closest this contest was my "565"
and IQ1IV's "567"). Or I'll give someone "222" and VA3YP gives me "888" - we
both had a chuckle! Then in sequence my "344" gets "262" (OK2BPU) followed by my
"345" getting "263" (DF2FM).  Still waiting for the time when I give "123" and
get "456"!  Anyway, I find it another fun factor.

Rather enjoyable weekend although I thought conditions were poor (actually -
more like the action of cleaning up my lawn) and bands were overly crowded (way,
WAY more like cleaning the lawn).

But even so - I had relaxing fun. And that was the goal.