[3830] WPX SSB VC3T(VE3DZ) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 28 08:04:35 EST 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VC3T
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3SY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ON

   20: 1594

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Rigs: 2 x FT1000MP
PA: ACOM2000A, TL922A

Amt: monobanders 4/3/3 el (20/15/10) at 90'(tower 1), A4S at 80'(tower 2),
dipoles for 40/80/160, 1000' beverage to EU.

Thanks to Paul and Marg for hosting me again this weekend.
Initial plan was to operate Low Power from home. However chenged my plans at the
very last moment and joined the "Major League".
Still have Paul's (VE3TA) ACOM amp, so it would've been silly to do LP when such
a beauty was sitting behind your back...
Had to work all day Friday, caught the usual rush hour traffic on 401 and
managed to arrive at the station just an hour an a half before the contest
start.
Was still trying to set everything up just minutes before the contest. Finally
couldn't get Voice Keyer running on a second radio and gave up, so very few Q's
on the 2nd radio.
First two hours were a disaster with a couple of failures, but then started to
catch up.
I think conditions were a bit better than last year, though 10 an 15 were mostly
dead here.
Great activity from the U.S. on low bands, surely adding 1 point for own country
increased the number of participants. Just a few JA's though...
Thanks to everybody who called and CU all in CW in 2 months.