[3830] WPX SSB W6YI M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 30 18:21:30 EST 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): W6YI, N6MJ, K6AM
Station: W6YI

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA

   20: 1816
   15: 1353

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions in San Diego were about avarage.  10 mostly open to SA.  Not much 15
on Sat., but it got better Sunday.  Even so, we nearly doubled last year's
score.  Hopefully we can find even more ways to improve the station and the
skills for next time.

Who knows, maybe someday someone will win a DX contest from the west coast.
Probably in about 20 years when all those millions of technilogically emerging
BY's and YB's get on the air.

Our ringer, Dan, N6MJ is getting himself pumped up for the WRTC this summer, so
look for him again with his team mate in May from somewhere TBA.  K6AM will be
at ZF1A again with N6CW and W5ASP,  and W6YI will be holding down the fort.

Thanks to Jim for the hospitality and the use of his world class station
again.

73,

John,  K6AM