[3830] 7QP W7WHY Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 8 23:03:16 EDT 2006

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): ~9

--------------------
Total:   50     50  Mults = 50  Total Score = 61,350

Well, was that a blast or what.  I think the organizers of this one deserve a
'high five' for a job well done.

Didn't get started till about 10am as when the alarm went off at 4:45, I shut
if off and went back to sleep.  Did manage to get in about 9 hours off and on.
Worked only CW here.   This is the first time I have just sat on a frequency
and ran stations for a long time.  In fact, the SB-200 I just bought got so hot
a few times, it's circuit breakers would trip and shut it off.  The first time
that happened, I didn't know what the heck was going on as this is the first
contest I have used it.  Finally figured out what was wrong and set a fan on
top of the amp.  Ran fine after that.

Conditions seemed really good here on the left coast.  I was working 1's and
2's on 80 meters before it was even dark.  Worked some Europeans and Africans
on 20.  Never tried 15 or 10.

All in all, it was really a fun contest.  I appreciate everyone who called in.

N1MM Logger worked like a dream.  Really easy to set up and use.  The 7QP
module worked great.

I think there are going to be some headaches for the contest directors this
year as I was getting calls and exchanges from different contests than the 7QP.
 Hope next year we can pick a weekend a little less congested.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT
Radio 2  TS-450SAT
Radio 3  FT-840
Top Ten Devices DXD

Amp  SB-200
N1MM Logger 6.3.19
80 meter dipole, 3 pahsed verticals on 40, home brew 2 el 20 meter monobander.