[3830] 7QP K7BG/M Cnty Exped LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 9 00:59:41 EDT 2006

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K7BG/M
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG/M

Class: Cnty Exped LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs):

--------------------
Total:   51     51  Mults = 51  Total Score = 162,894

Actual Qs were half of what is posted above, but since I was on county lines I
doubled them which I believe is correct. Also, they are not duped so the actual
score will be lower than that posted above.
-----------------------

This was a really fun event.

I had a blast operating HF mobile for the first time since running a converted
CB on 10 meters years ago. I did most all of my operating from various county
lines. I did not operate much at all while actually moving so there were large
gaps in the log where I was moving to a new location. I activated a total of 8
Montana counties and most Qs were CW. It was really a lot of fun. I used a
dc/ac inverter to power the little 1993 Gateway handbook computer for logging
and sending CW. I constructed a template using NA software. I used a different
file for each county line operation I did so I have a bunch of different files
with contest data. I have no idea how to submit the logs! It’s gonna take
some work.

Several Europeans called in which made things all the better.

Late at night I was followed by a highway patrolmen down I-15 for about 15 or
20 miles. I think he was trying to make out in the dark why the heck I was
doing driving so slow (around 50 mph). I was afraid if I drove any faster the
Texas Bugcatcher would tear the rear panel off the van. That’s a big antenna,
but I was really happy with how well it worked.

Thanks to Dick, Tom and everybody for getting this thing going.

73,
Matt—K7BG/m