[3830] 7QP K7ZSD Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 9 23:18:38 EDT 2006

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): KR7X, KI7Y, N7OU, K7GK, K7AR, W7ZB, K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ORWSH

  160:   10
   80:   28      60
   40:  292     353
   20:  410    1059
   15:   37      28
--------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The Oregon QSO Party has always been an event here at Smoke Ranch and the last
few years operating a multi effort. This year we decided a week before, to
operate multi in the inaugural 7QP. So, waiting until the last minute, well
actually the day before, we came up with a plan to operate 3 stations. We have
the station at the house with two operating positions and two towers, but we
needed a third. A couple of the fellows brought up radios and amps the day
before, and we put up a 50’ tower at the other end of the 6 acres here, stuck
a homemade 20m Moxon on it, put up a 40m inverted V in a 70’ tree, and there
we were (very late Friday night). Jim’s camper at that end of the property
with a 250’ extension cord, and we had a station that could operate CW, while
we did SSB at the house! There was a bit of RF hash on 20m for the CW station,
and a few frequencies we couldn’t operate on phone, but it worked well. There
was no problem on 40m, we just operated high in the band on SSB. Everybody here
got into it and worked hard, what a group of great guys:

KR7X warming the Io early on 20m SSB
N7OU the main CW man from start to end
KI7Y with a key in one hand and a mic in the other
K7GK doing it all with rate on CW and SSB
W7ZB absolutely Mr. Rate on 20m and 40m SSB
K7AR SSB and watching the Saturday soaps with my wife
K7ZSD me, dragging a hurt foot around wearing a cooking apron

We had a blast, the rate was good, the activity was excellent, and top notch
operators across the country, what a pleasure to work so many. A real tip of
the hat to the fellows who organized the 7QP, the CODXC, and especially Dick,
K4XU, who got the ball rolling on this last year and really showed how the Left
coast can party!

See you next year……Brad

P.S. Writelog gave us 180 mults and a score of 959,580 and was a problem with
county entry. A scoring nightmare it will be!