[3830] NewEngQP K1KI/M SO Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 12 15:43:56 EDT 2006

                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1KI/M
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI/M

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: 28? counties

   80:     95
   40:    362        1
   20:    385       29
------------------------
Total:    842       30  Mults = 79  Total Score = 135,406

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Good weather this year - still a lot of snow on the higher peaks (4500'+).  Lots
of rural bumpy roads but no moose, no deer.  Visted with one large (15#)
snapping turtle, saw one woodchuck, one mosquito.  Several beaver dams.

Did get quite as far as I had hope the first day, but made up for it the second
day.  Weekend mileage was 913 miles, 651 during the contest, the rest was
getting to/from the start/end points.  Under $100 in gas...

Had the TS-2000 mounted on the passenger-side dashboard of the VW Beetle and
didn't use the remote much this time.   Worried a bit about the air bag under
the radio though...

Pleased with the HiQ antenna used on 80m and part of the time on 40m.  People
actually could hear me on 80m this year.   HiQ was on a trailer hitch, plus had
two hamsticks on the roof.   Add two ARRL magnetic signs on the doors saying
Radio Communications and a lot of passing drivers were staring...

Conditions definately up Saturday night on 40/80 and down on 20/40 on Sunday
because of solar storms.  Not one signal heard on 15m.  Did hear HS0ZAA on 20m
during Sunday but no QSO.

                -- Tom