[3830] WPX CW KB7Q/WL7 SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 28 22:00:16 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KB7Q/WL7
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: KB7Q/WL7

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Alaska

This was my first WPX. I'm campground hosting in Alaska this summer, right on
Cook Inlet, so I decided to take advantage of all that salt water to work
against the 30 foot vertical on the back bumper of the trailer. We're parked
just 20 yards above the high tide line. And I thought Montana was a bit of an
RF 'black hole'! The bands sure were quiet up here at 60 degrees north. Rig was
an Elecraft K-2 thru an SGC tuner to about 30 feet of aluminum tubing. Lots of
great cw ops still left out there! Best moments were working VK, and ZL on 40
meter grayline propagation. 73, Gene