[3830] WPX CW N7ZG SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 01:49:54 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WWA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Nice conditions.   Enjoyed the all EU all the time condx on 20M.   My score is
up about 17% over last year (over 100K more points), but the funny thing is
that the Q count is almost identical.   The points/Q ration is higher due to
long EU openings both days (last year we had a geomagnetic disturbance,, no EU
on Sunday).   Thanks to Steve, K1EL for expediting a WinKey 2 to me in time for
the contest.   It went together flawlessly and worked great in SO2R mode with
N1MM.   I got an ICOM-751A as a second radio a month ago and cut some stubs.
I still have work to do to cut the interference to 20 when I transmit on 40.
Also, this year I have a K1WA array for 40M.  No TS-Wires division for me this
year.   It's not a huge improvement, but every little bit helps.

I took a nap at 2am PST early Sat morning with the intention of getting about
an hour before JA opened on 40M.  I woke up at 7:30am instead.  Oh well.   I
got some JA's on Sun. morning.  It probably woulda been the same guys anyway.

This was my first real SO2R effort.  I can't say if it directly helped the
score, but it sure did add to the fun.

Anyway,,,,  CU in the IARU.

73 - Guy, N7ZG