[3830] WPX CW DR1A(@DF0CG) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 07:55:37 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DR1A
Operator(s): DF6JC DJ7EO DL3DXX DL6FBL DO1ET PB2T
Station: DF0CG

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO31CQ

   40: 1532
   20: 2587
   15: 1000

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

We did not find enough OPs for Multi/Multi. In fact Friday morning it was just
DL3DXX and DL6FBL, and we had almost decided to go Multi/Single. Well, the very
most multipliers are worked on Saturday, and manning the MULT station on Sunday
is very boring.
On short notice we could talk DF6JC and PB2T to throw in a few hours on Sunday.
So we decided to go Multi/2 instead. We figured that this category allows for
some 1,000 QSOs more on the "second" station, thus much more fun.
So DL3DXX and DL6FBL went straight alone from Saturday 0000z thru Sunday
0600z.
After the first 24 hours we had 3,800 QSOs, 1,000 multipliers, and exactly
10.0M points. Sunday at 0600z DF6JC and PB2T showed up. Joerg and Hans took
over the station for some 6 hours. Then Hans had to leave again and DF6JC,
DL3DXX and DL6FBL went for the rest. We passed the old European Multi/2 record
(RU1A 2005 14.8M) around 18z. I guess other Multi/2 teams will have passed it,
too... Let's see... ;-)

Big thanks for the support goes to our "locals" DJ7EO and DO1ET.

See you in Brazil,

73 Ben
DL6FBL
http://www.dr1a.com