[3830] WPX CW WO8CC(N8BJQ) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 08:45:10 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WO8CC
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

Club: SWODXA

Comments:

Surprising conditions - expected this to be a 40 meter contest and started on
40.  A decent 1st hour but ran out of stations.  Checked 20 and found them all.
 Spent the next 5 hrs on 20 with an occasional trip to 40 for a 6 pointer.  EU
opening on 15 Saturday was good.  Stations were either real loud or real weak.
Was very surprised to get an hour or so of JA and AS opening on 15 Saturday
night and another one on Sunday.  10 was open a bit to SA on Saturday and open
to the whole US on Sunday.  Things got a bit slow Sunday afternoon and then 20
picked up a couple hours before the end.  Did not use the 2nd radio much as
SO2R but it came in handy to change bands.  One station stayed on 20 all
weekend and used the 2nd stn for the other bands.

Between a head cold and the Indy 500, I ran out gas on Sunday.  Wish they would
reschedule the race to a non contest weekend.

Thanks to N8NR and the  WOCC for the use of the call.  Surprising how many
thought I was K8CC in disguise.  Also surpised how many logged W0(zero)8CC
instead of WO8CC.  Spent lots of time sending repeats.  I know the computer was
not sending a zero.