[3830] WPX CW DJ8OG SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 15:39:45 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DJ8OG
Operator(s): DJ8OG
Station: DJ8OG

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: JO40MF

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I thought it will be a nice calm contest for me but then Murphy came to say hi.
Anyhow I killed my MFJ Tuner (the big one 1.5kw) with 100W while I was on 160m
with my 80m Dipole, when I came back to 80m I could use it anymore. I thought
ok, no problem 20m was open all night, so I will go to 20m. But Murphy said its
time to go to bed and he killed my balun of the FB-33 (maybe it was only the
mass of water coming down during saturday night :-) ).
Anyway it was realy fun, could manage KH0, KH2 and KH6, lots of caribean and US
on 40m, also ZL.
thanks to everybody who heard my sig and had sometime lots of patience with me,
Matt  - DJ8OG - www.qslnet.de/dj8og