[3830] WPX CW OF6AA(@OH4A) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 16:23:00 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OF6AA
Operator(s): OH1NOA, OH6GAW, OH6QU, OH6RX
Station: OH4A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:

   40: 1098
   20: 2432
   15: 1080

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

(Raw score before merging 2 computer logs)
Wow. Propagation from Finland in WPX CW can't get much better. 20 meters was
open 48 hours and on Sunday even 15 meters reopened later to States. On 15m we
could run JAs till very late afternoon on Saturday. Propagation was excellent
for the most of weekend, it only dived a bit during Sunday afternoon. Normal
10/15m E-skip didn't exist much - 10m produced mainly UA-UA9-UR ... (and band
had very high local man made noise, sorry if we were dead there) On low bands
it's hard to be competitive as there is not much darkness outside, just an hour
or two. FK8 on 40m was a nice suprise.

Anyway, an old OH record of 8Mio pts is now more or less history.

Everything worked quite well this time. Thanks to our marvellous host Jukka,
OH6LI. Of course the man himself went to Geta, to operate as OH0V with OH7 ops
to give us some run for the money.