[3830] CQWW SSB K1RX M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 1 05:54:53 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): WA1T, K1EP, K1NQ, K1YU, KB1MNT, K1FUB, N1GLT, K1RX, W6PH
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NH

  160:  152    13       44
   80:  536    23       93
   40:  577    27      109
   20: 1412    37      141
   15:  677    28      119
   10:  312    21       73

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a wild weekend – both RF and weather!  High winds, heavy rain, the
flicker of power and one shut down for a 30 seconds over the weekend and THEN,
Saturday, we find 10 M open to Europe direct path all morning!  Wow and who
said we are at the low point of the sunspot cycle.  Over 300 Q’s, 21 Zones
and 73 countries! It pays to check all bands over the weekend and not assume
the band(s) will be dead because you heard it that way for the past several
months!

Had a number of new ops joining us this weekend, many new to the YCCC too.  Fun
was the first priority but generating a nice score was the motivating element.
Unfortunately, our old CT DOS version software does not lend itself to feed
into the real time score web site.  From I hear, sounds like it really paid off
in many interesting ways – motivation being one of them!  At K1RX, I was just
too busy keeping things up and running, working with the new ops and operating
when we were short handed.

We had only a flicker of power loss and was able to stay live all weekend!

Operators attending our fun weekend included:

WA1T
W6PH (going to KH6 for CW)
K1EP
N1GLT (new member)
K1FUB (new member)
KB1MNT (new member)
K1NQ
K1YU (ex-K1FOO)
K1RX

Thank you to our world wide friends that make this contest so much fun!

73, Mark, K1RX