[3830] CQWW SSB FY5KE M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 4 04:06:32 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FY5KE
Operator(s): F1HAR, F5HRY, F5MZN, F6FGZ, F6FVY, FY5FY
Station: FY5KE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kourou

  160:  155    14       62
   80:  595    25       88
   40:  600    32      116
   20: 2445    38      150
   15: 3102    34      145
   10: 1410    29      116

Club: RACK

Comments:

Besides few technical problems, basically caused by heat and humidity under
these latitudes, we had a great time this year in French Guyana.

Highlights were the 160m and the 10m (unexpected to be that good with a low
SFI), and the overall worked multipliers. Lowlight was the 40m, the band we
still need to improve seriously.

As usual, the 6 beverages set worked as great as possible, even up to 10m from
time to time, when signals were strong enough. This RX diversity at FY5KE makes
possible what wouldn't be without : low bands RX (noisy at 5° latitude), high
rates using a dual running position (with the Win-Test partner tool), multi
direction RX (while we only have one TX antenna per band).

This overall claimed score is a bit more than 2005 previous one. We had a real
fun fighting against the red part of the graph of the Win-Test objectives
window (see http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows). And, definitly, the
struggle paid ! CU next year.

For the FY5KE contest team,
73 de Herve F5HRY