[3830] SS CW W4KAZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 5 22:45:11 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 15???

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were not too bad for a low power S&P outing.    I know its not as
productive in QSO's as running, but I'm not a good enough a CW op to jump into
that fire yet.  Besides, S&P without packet spots is a box of chocolates.

What Sunday doldrums?  80 meters is fun when its so free of QRN.  I spent a lot
of time there.  I even worked a few stations on the dummy load.  I figured if
QRP stations could push my meter to S9 on 80 meters, anything was possible.
Sure 'nuff.... Coolness.  Didn't even need to send any fills.

Gotta work on the CW skills.  Flubbed and fumbled a couple of fills, and had to
piddle with the log too much.  Ended the contest after reaching my goal of 40K
points when I found N4CW/1.(I blew past my original goal of 25K pretty
early...)  Bert capped off my contest, and I parked there to read the mail
while I copied the log file and reports.

Missed sections:
MS  WTX SB  EWA AK  NL  MB  SK  NT

Okay.....West Texas??!  That's not one I usually miss.   Heard very few AZ and
NM too.  I think I got those on 40, but 40 was long.

Thanks for the training folks.  It might be starting to set in.... :0
Some of you guys are really amazingly good operators.  I'm taking notes--but
much room is left for improvement.

73,
Keith, W4KAZ