[3830] SS CW AD6ZJ Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 5 23:45:57 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AD6ZJ
Operator(s): AD6ZJ
Station: AD6ZJ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA

On some Friday morning advice at breakfast I decided to blow off the WAE-RTTY
contest and give the CWSS a try. Yes I could have done both but why make it
work? Had to fit the contest in around many family obligations. I got off to a
rocky start with my 3 year old at my side needing attention and not having my
contesting program set correctly. The first 25 or so Q's took for ever... Then
I got into the swing of things and the rate was getting better, then I noticed
my son had stepped out of the shack and was sitting in a pool of mud. In the
process of getting him out of the mud he got me in the mud... After cleanup and
putting him to bed, I got back in the shack too late for more 20M so I was on
40M till I ran out of gas and ended withh 100 Q's and 50 mults (this was my
goal for the contest). Sunday morning I woke up several hours too early for
church so I deceded to work a few more. Ended up getting lots more. After
church I hit the contest for one last go and picked up some needed mults. All
together I still got about 16 hours in. Loads of fun as my first QRP entry in
any contest. Why QRP? Because I had never done a contest QRP. Will I do it
again? Likely.
73 DE AD6ZJ