[3830] SS CW W9RE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 10:57:45 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Thanks for all the q's, this contest sure brings out the club participation and
the CW ops.

After the night time break I was quite a bit ahead of last year but that
quickly evaporated during some very slow hours Sunday (slower then last year).

Last 2 sections were PR and NL, worked Sunday morning.

Saturday night I had bad rain static and build up on my open wire line antennas
(that I was using), no thunder or lightning but the static flashed on the bad of
my antenna tuners.  Twice the flash was so large (maybe coincidental with my
transmitting) that it tripped my amp off line.  I was going to shut down but
then it subsided-lasted about 1/2 hour.

Congrats to ZD for 30 years of 1000+ and also to the other big gun top scorers.