[3830] SS CW N6EE(@W6XK) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 12:41:31 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6EE
Operator(s): N6EE
Station: W6XK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SJV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest.  Decent conditions.  Lots of participation.

I hoped to go the full 24 hours but my body said "No Way!"  Nevertheless I am
quite pleased that I was FINALLY able to copy everyone.  My CW copying ability
has always been mediocre at best. In years past I would S& P rather than CQ
because I couldn't copy reliably.  But I practiced using RUFz, Morse Runner and
Morse Cat for the last couple of weeks and the improvement was gratifying.

I never could get much of a run going on either 20M or 40M so I spent quite a
bit of time on 80M where Chet's (W6XK) 2 element 80M yagi really kicked butt.

Thanks for all the Q's.

I also want to thank Chet and his family for allowing me to operate from his
fine station.  The hospitality was terrific!

73, Ron N6EE