[3830] SS CW K1RX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 14:58:15 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Activity was definitely up.  Hopefully my suggestion to the YCCC got a few more
out that might have done otherwise!  I only checked 160 M in the last couple of
hours - found a quick 11 Q's.  10 M was completely dead here.

40 M from the east coast is the money band - really helped to have both 40 M
yagis pointed west for this one - seemed to make a nice difference.

Is it true, Randy, K5ZD may hang this one up??  Doubt it!  Hey, what's 30 years
anyway?

Had 79 sections by the time I went to bed Sunday morning (2:30 AM) and when I
did a bottom to top sweep of 20 M around noon, heard my neighbor (N1IX) calling
in some pile up around 14.007.  Listened more carefully and found Jay, VY1JA.
My buddy worked him first, then I called and got through!

Did better than last year in terms raw score (about 100 more Q's) - great fun
and the operating quality was excellent.  It still annoys me about the leading
Zero thing in the numbers - why bother? I supposed if we were handing out
decimal type serial numbers this might be helpful!  But I am sure it is some
software related problem.

Thanks everyone for such a great time!

73, Mark, K1RX