[3830] SS CW N7IR Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 15:52:43 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: AZ

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

SWEEP!  Finished my first sweep ever during the last half-hour of this contest
by working N8NA, who was in Delaware.  I had given up hope by that time and was
just S&P as quickly as possible on 40 to get the stations who always show up at
the end to get their adrenaline fix for the weekend.  Then I tuned across N8NA
as he sent his exchange and almost leaped out of the chair for joy as he sent
DE!  My 2 element Yagi at 84' made short work of the Q and the rest is
history.

This was not a high scoring contest for me since 10 and 15 were pretty flat
from here (didn't hear a signal on 10, ever).  20 and 40 were in really good
shape though and the crowds there proved it.  It's hard to find a hole to
squeak out of under these conditions, so running was minimal.  Need to work on
my two radio S&P technique to increase the rate near sunspot minima.
73
Gary, N7IR