[3830] SS CW NA4BW Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 19:09:27 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NA4BW
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: NA4BW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21:05

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

My 1st somewhat serious effort in CW SS.

Stealth wire only antennas here makes for a humbling experience that created a
scenario whereby it was almost a FT effort S&P. I did hear some other QRP
stations holding a 'decent' freq. and making some rate. NOT HERE.

Was able to find NT reasonably early (W8IVF/VE8) after wading thru an endless
pile of HP and LP stations, so it was 'game on' for a QRP sweep.

I was down to WTX!,LA, NNY, MS, PAC and KL7 for the sweep. N5DO, W5WMU, K2NNY
N4OGW came thru like a charm . Now to find PAC and KL7 as time was running out
for 20 or 15. No way getting KH6 qrp on 40 or 80 from this station. The sun was
starting to set in Ga. Sunday night when, after probably too much time
investment, KH6RZ copies the call.

AK.  Never heard = NIL.

Note: We have a rather interesting local contest within the SECC this time with
4 scores posted within 2200 points!

T U and 73 Brian