[3830] SS CW W0OR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 9 12:24:24 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W0OR
Operator(s): W0OR
Station: W0OR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Murphy showed up 15 minutes into the contest, when a cable came loose behind all
thequipment and the computer wouldn't key the transmitter.  What a discouraging
way to start.  Downright demoralizing.  Took about 45 min. to find the problem
and fix it after which I tried to play catch up.  Then about three hours bfore
the end of the contest my 80 meter antenna went on the fritz.  I threw in the
towell and ended up working only a little over 21 hours.  Couldn't hit 1 K and
missed the sweep.  So 364 more days until I can try again!  At least I
contributed some points for the good old MWA.