[3830] CQWW SSB FG5JK (F6HLC op) SOAB LP

Christian Pidancier cpidanci at nortel.com
Fri Nov 10 08:17:52 EST 2006

Contest         : CQ World Wide DX Contest
Callsign        : FG5JK
Mode            : PHONE
Category        : Single Operator (SO)
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : Low Power (LP)
Zone/State/...  : 08
Locator         :
Operating time  : 32h38

BAND   QSO DUP DXC  CQ  POINTS   AVG
--------------------------------------
160     2   0   2   2       5  2.50
 80   122   1  36  11     273  2.24
 40   372   3  63  16     908  2.44
 20   430   3  59  17    1020  2.37
 15  1184  20  76  20    2794  2.36
 10   507   7  33  16    1081  2.13
--------------------------------------
TOTAL  2617  34 269  82    6081  2.32
======================================
 TOTAL SCORE : 2 134 431

Operators       : F6HLC
Soapbox         :
Very difficult to start runs or to keep a calling frequency for a long
time period in Low Power mode. The most difficult band was 20m. The
height of the FB32 (2el tribander) at 6m was too low for 20m and 15m .
Many European stations calling CQ were not able to ear my long calls.
Missed many mults on all band, the LowPower did'nt help to break the
piles. By comparison the Ground Plane and 100w on 40m brings me more
pleasure. FY5KE and V26B have good ears on 160m, nobody else have heard
my signal radiated from a 30m long wire at 5m.  Thanks to Gerard, FG5JK,
the station owner, ( http://www.salinesvacances.com/ ) we had nice
family holidays.  Gerard helped a lot to set up the station, a guy
having soldering iron,  hand drill, screwdriver, etc, always ready to go
is an OM as I like to meet.  Sure the station will be upgraded very
quickly.

73's Christian