[3830] SS SSB W1ECH Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 19 20:35:13 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1ECH
Operator(s): W1ECH
Station: W1ECH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vermont
Operating Time (hrs): 9-1/2

Club: Green Mountain Wireless Society

Comments:

Equipment was the usual IC-746 transceiver with my trusty 80 meter all-band wire
with tuned feeders plus a 40 meter dipole.

First time in years that I worked TWO VY1 stations!  Nice to catch J, VY1JA, of
course, but I then stumbled across VY1MB within half an hour, too.  Thanks to
W3PP (DEL) for replyinhg to my CQ on 75 to give me the sweep. Seemed to be a
LOT of VT stations on SSB, as well as countless NL stations, which was a nice
surprise.

73,

Gary - W1ECH