[3830] SS SSB KA1ARB Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 20 00:46:55 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KA1ARB
Operator(s): KA1ARB, WB1ADR
Station: KA1ARB

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

For the first time ever, the station was fully ready to go the night before the
contest.  One the plus side,  we added a new and improved 3-element 40 meter
delta beam.  One the minus side, we blew the mic amp  in the radio before the
contest and sounded like lids for the entire weekend.  We may not have had the
most Q's in the contest, but we're in the running for the worst audio!  With
Lee, WB1ADR, putting in some  of the best runs ever from KA1ARB, we got off to
a great start.  Somehow, we lost our focus and ended up  with fewer Q's than
last year.  Still, we had a great time as always - thanks for all the Q's.