[3830] SS SSB N1LN Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 20 07:46:39 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1YXU, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What don't you want before, during and after a SSB contest?   A sore throat!!
Yup, came on Friday afternoon and, as you might expect, still here today.   I
got lots of use (and assistance) from the DVR in WriteLog, otherwise my
participation in the event may have been a no show.    I lived on ice water and
menthol cough drops for all the on-the-air time.    Laurie (my wife - N1YXU) and
I entered as a multi-op this time.   As we had a commitment Saturday afternoon
and evening the opening hours were significantly impacted.   I was on for about
35 minutes at the opening and then not back on until around 04:00 UTC.   I
worked for about 1 1/2 hrs before the throat said "quit until tomorrow if you
want there to be a tomorrow" - so off to bed.    We did manage to log about 13
hours of participation, although I took frequent breaks so the actual Q time is
somewhat less.

Oh well, we had fun anyway.  We enjoy operating together and are looking
forward to a M2 entry in NAQP-SSB in January.

73,
Bruce / N1LN & Laurie / N1YXU