[3830] SS SSB K3STX SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 20 11:04:51 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow! I am a CW man, and really only did this to help PVRC win back the gavel.
But I have to admit, I LOVED IT! I have never done a phone contest, and this
was a blast. I ran 500 watts, so could actually run and it was a real rush. I
can’t wait till the next SS. I only wish I operated more, child care/family
obligations limited my 8 hours of time and my only long stretch was from 0200Z
to 0700Z on Saturday. (You might have heard my 2 year old screaming in my shack
during an afternoon run, it annoyed ME more than YOU, believe me!) I sure have a
lot to learn about phone contesting, but it was much more enjoyable than I had
expected.

It was especially enjoyable working my fellow CW contesting friends and putting
voices to callsigns. Tons of PVRC and NCCC activity, I'm keeping my fingers
crossed.

CU next time.

paul

Rig: Ts-850S with AL-811 amp. (no SSB filters, ugh!)
Antennas: 20/40 fan dipole up 30 feet, 80 meter dipole up 60 feet