[3830] SS SSB VE6EX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 20 12:13:04 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary AB
Operating Time (hrs): 23+

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Hi All:
   Well I sure wish there was something we in VE6 could do about those few last
hours of the event when the rates are less than 10/hr. What a downer....I worked
the graveyard shift as best as it could play, and I guess thats the best it was
gonna' be!!!
   Super congrats/kudos go to my pal in the "CLIPPERS", Jerry VE6CNU on a
opening colossal QRP effort. No doubt a real draggem'out QRP effort is the only
way to stiffen up the learning curve for all of us HI!! SS phone is a big gun
arena and takes a real effort/ SS Fone is as tough as it gets, to get there.
And 78 mults.... better than me OB. I know you were'nt so2r and a sweep on a
simple qrp setup is a real toughie in SS fone.
   Welcome to Jeff VE6GJ and VE6SH to the VE6 SS fone effort. Amongst our/the
group I see a total Q' count of ~ 2000+ VE6 Q's in the ALBERTA CLIPPERS so I
don't think anybody can say that we in VE6'es were'nt around and have no ears
HI!!. I know the Calgary Dx club did a parttime MS effort too.
   I think condx were about the same as last years ssb event and it was a
matter of "CQ"ing harder and dupe checking faster HI!!!. 40m was a real
toughie' and mostly a so2r battleground of the s9+40 guns the second evening
all going for the casual newbees. It was nice to see the SWL commercial stns
having to compete/ getting beat for the high Smeter numbers...I saw K5TR as the
toughest best sig here on 40!!!, really rockin' the 940s!!! Geo if you did'nt
win it was cuz' of something you ate??. You were everywhere, and always
loud!!!
   Thanks to the ARRL and the League for hosting another great event; and in
the bottom of the cycle too!!!
   Thanks to all who called me, and all the great spots/so2r calls we in VE6
got. The scores we in VE6 got show/ are a direct reflection of that. WE/I LOVE
SPOTTING!!!. WE/I LOVE SO2R!!!. Packet pileups gotta' be like heaven!!!
   Cheers, and 73's from the land of the ALBERTA CLIPPER!!, es on to WWCW!!!!
   CONTESTING IS!!!
   Dan VE6EX..