[3830] SS SSB KB9OWD Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 20 13:08:23 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

Well, way down from last year but overall I left the weekend feeling good.

Had nice runs on 80 and 40 at different times and felt fairly loud there most
of the time.  20 in SS in LP is about useless as there is no sense and even
trying to run.  Got up there early before the "big guns" came up and did a
little CQing, but 90 percent of those are S & P and work what I heard.

Good openings to the west coast all day on 15.

The 3 160 QSO's were the only time I was up there, which was about 5 min.
Saturday night.  Hit CQ and my first reply was from MT, the only time I heard
MT all weekend so it paid off.

Finished the sweep earlier than last year.  I was running on 40 a good part of
Sunday afternoon and had it down to MS pretty much all afternoon for the sweep.
 Kept asking those that called in if they had seen anyone and all had the same
response of "not since yesterday".  About 2200Z while scrolling for one on 40 I
did come across one, finishing the sweep with plenty of time to spare.

Finished first in WI LP last year, but think the torch for that may go on over
to Greg, K0PJ.  He was a good 80 QSO's ahead of me when I heard him Sunday
morning!!!  If so, congratulations Greg!!!

See you all next weekend from "the farm"  W0AIH in CQWW CW.

73,

Ryan KB9OWD