[3830] SS SSB W0ETT Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 22 16:42:10 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CO

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Got on a couple of hours late at the start up.  Best part of the contest was my
first QSO when I turned on the rig and there was Jay, VY1JA on 15m booming in
S9+10db.  After about 5 calls, Jay was in my log at the beginning of the SS
test.  15, 20, and 40m were pretty good for the QRP.  75m was impossible as the
5 watts just couldn't be heard except by very strong signals.  After 10.5 hours
of agravation calling people with 5 watts, I finally gave up on Sunday and
turned off the rig when a N6 with 59 +  signal would CQ in my face despite 5 or
6 calls.  So, I went in the other room and watched a pretty good football
game...

Rig:  IC756 and RBF-1 Tempo Wattmeter where I monitored my 5 watt output power
levels into associated antennas: TH7DX @ 72 ft, A3 @ 50 ft, 40m 2 element yagi
at 90 ft and 80 mtr shunt fed tower/vertical with 45 radials.

73 Ken, W0ETT