[3830] CQWW CW N7IR SOSB/80 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 19:35:43 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOSB/80 QRP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  68     17       29
Total:  68     17       29  Total Score = 7,452

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

This was a big improvement over my previous attempt at this category in 2002,
and a new zone 3 record.  Third contest with N1MM and first with a fast
computer, which this program absolutely needs to perform as it was designed.
Should have done this years ago.

Part of the enjoyment of contesting for me is the oppportunity it gives you to
observe all of the interesting propagation modes that occur over a couple of
nights of solid operating.  The best one for me was listening to UA9ZZ from
zone 18 CQing on 3545 kHz at our sunset, with S9 signals out of the northwest.
He couldn't hear my QRP signal and that's as it should be.

Happy holidays and 73
Gary, N7IR